Precautious Measures Against COVID-19
Updated 24 October 2022
To reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to protect both participants and staff, we have implemented a COVID-19 management procedure. This procedure ensures that current government policies and NSW Health COVID-19 rules and advice are adhered to.
NSW Health – Changes to self-isolation rules:
- From 14 October 2022, it will no longer be mandatory to self-isolate at home if you test positive to COVID-19.
- NSW Health strongly recommends people who are sick or have tested positive to COVID-19 stay home until their symptoms have gone.
Visitors to Genesis:
- We expect anyone visiting, or due to visit, to not to attend the Genesis site if they are physically unwell or have symptoms of sickness.
- We will reschedule appointments to a suitable time once symptoms have stopped.
- Staff are not required to isolate for the 7-day isolation period if they have tested positive for COVID-19 (as of 14th October), however, they are required to stay home if they are physically unwell or have symptoms of sickness.
- During a lockdown, staff will be asked to work from home if possible.
- Masks are currently not mandatory in the office.
- Staff and visitors may be asked to wear one when they are in close proximity for long periods of time.
- Masks are located on the front reception desk, as well as in the clinic rooms.
This management plan is the only way to reduce the incidence of infection.
We trust that you understand that we have your best interests at heart and hope you stay well.